5 Features to Look for in a New Dishwasher
Purchasing a new dishwasher can be anything but easy to do. There’s no shortage of them and prices can be very affordable. However, you’ll quickly see that dishwashers come in a variety of styles and picking the right one can be a challenge. There are a few key features you’ll want to look for though, before you make an investment.
- Consider size first. You need a dishwasher that fits, but that maximizes the amount of space within it so you have more room for dishes. You’ll also find a variety of styles, including compact models, drawer-style dishwashers, and larger, commercial products. Before you buy, look at the capacity sizing and use this to compare models.
- Washing cycles are important. In particular, you’ll want a dishwasher that cleans and sanitizes your dishes. This helps to cut down on bacteria that can survive in an ineffective model. You’ll also want to consider steam features if you don’t want to pre-wash your dishes.
- Dry settings do matter. Look for those that use less heat to reduce energy cuts. You’ll still want one that offers numerous drying cycles so you can get your dishes done faster. Purchase a stainless steel tub as it holds heat longer, therefore drying dishes faster with less energy.
- Flexible racks make it easier to load dishes. You’ll find a variety of rack configurations available, but not all are flexible enough to allow you to customize them for the load at hand. Specifically, look for those that raise or lower the racks to make more space when needed. Flexible dividers are also worthwhile.
- Sensing technology can be ideal. Some dishwashers include smart sensors that can tell how dirty your dishes are. They then adjust to that level of grime and properly clean your dishes as a result. This can help to reduce the length of the wash, water used, and energy used.
You know the importance of purchasing an energy efficient model. You also know that some models are a higher price only because of the label on them. Compare by features, then, to ensure you get the best product available.
Subscribe to my mailing list and get updated when I post a new video or article.
Thank you for subscribing.
Oh WTF... Something went wrong.