Changing Thermostat


I would like to update my thermostat it is like the old one shown in your video round with 2 wires I need it for heat only I have water circulator heat with radiators. When I take my old thermostat off it has heavy gauge wires like you would see when doing an outlet or light switch. Is there a special type of thermostat I need I would like a digital back lit one and maybe programmable but not necessary.


in progress 0
jkiss 4 years 1 Answer 533 views 0

Answer ( 1 )

  1. That sounds very strange for a boiler setup. Seems like electric heat. How many wires do you have? And are you super sure on that being the right thermostat. If it is check the voltage before you do anything. You should have 24 volts /ac

Leave an answer